President's Award for Excellence in Service to the College
Faculty, professional, clerical, and support staff can enrich the college environment by repeatedly seeking to improve themselves, the campus, and ultimately, the State University. This award seeks to recognize those individuals who perform extraordinary service in areas such as governance, administration, or outreach of the college by consistently exhibiting excellence in the performance of their duties and/or making extraordinary contributions to the college beyond their obligations.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
Nominator should provide evidence of:
- Superb performance in fulfilling the assigned duties and/or extraordinary efforts in service to the college beyond assigned responsibilities.
- Evidence of flexibility and a willingness to adjust to changing institutional needs.
- Creative ideas and/or suggestions for new and different ways of addressing the work tasks.
- Problem-solving skills, initiative, and the ability to complete work in an accurate and timely manner.
- Good human relations skills and the ability to work well with others.
It is presumed that not all criteria will apply equally to all candidates.
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
A nominating committee consisting of three faculty (one from each dean’s area) and three professional staff (appointed by the provost and vice president for academic affairs) will seek and receive nominations and assist in preparing nominees’ support files. Faculty and staff members may nominate themselves or be nominated by a colleague or student.
Support files will include:
- Nomination form
- Concise statement of justification from the nominator attesting to the merits of the nominee’s particular service on which the award review will be based.
- Letter of support from immediate supervisor (department chairperson or area head).
- Evidence of support from co-workers, students, faculty, and/or community members with direct knowledge of the nature of the service being considered.
- Current vita or resume.
A maximum of four awards may be given annually with no more than two being given to faculty. To be eligible, nominees must have at least two years of full-time service at Buffalo State College prior to nomination. A selection committee will receive the support file and evaluate credentials of applicants. The committee shall consist of eight persons selected as follows: two professional service employees, one clerical (administrative services unit of CSEA) employee, one maintenance and trades (operational services unit of CSEA) employee, one faculty member, one student, one senate representative, and one presidential appointee.