Changing a Major
Students who have completed at least one semester at Buffalo State may change their major by going to the department office of the new major and filling out a Change of Major form. It is recommended that students seek the advice of the department chair before deciding to change a major. If the chair approves the change, the form will be forwarded to the Registrar's Office for recording. Such changes should be made at least four weeks before registration for the next semester so students are not restricted from registering for any course in their new major.

A student on probation will not be permitted to transfer to a new major without the approval of the associate dean of the new major.