Muriel A. Howard Honors Program
The Muriel A. Howard Honors Program provides a unique opportunity for academically outstanding undergraduates to pursue their academic goals. Honors program students receive individual attention from dedicated, highly qualified faculty members who are passionate about teaching and scholarship.
Established in 1984, the program currently enrolls approximately 160 students. Those who enroll understand that although they are expected to work hard, they are rewarded with opportunities for applied internships, scholarships, research, and bright futures. The program helps prepare honors students for graduate school as well as successful careers.
Why Select the Muriel A. Howard Honors Program?
- Scholarships and access to national awards
- Special academic advisement
- Unique seminars and classes on current events, leadership skills, and career development
- Outstanding suite-style accommodations (for resident honors students)
- Activities such as trips, visits with lecturers or public figures, and social gatherings with faculty members
- Priority registration for classes
- Honors lounge equipped with online computers
- Passes for arts and sports events
- Recognition of honors program completion on diploma and transcripts
To receive more information about Buffalo State's Muriel A. Howard Honors Program, including more about the application process, please contact the Admissions Office via email@example.com or (716) 878-4017, or visit the Muriel A. Howard Honors Program Web site.