Buffalo State Group Visit Program
The Admissions Office offers our Group Visit program as a way for prospective students to become more familiar with our institution and its academic programming.
Group Visits are designed for large groups of campus visitors. A Group Visit consists of a general campus tour and an informational presentation from the Admissions Office. (Please note, residence halls are not included on Group Visit tours.)
Our Spring Semester Group Visits have concluded. Summer Group Visits will begin May 28 through Aug. 16.
To plan your visit, use our Group Visit Availability Calendar. Group Visits are not available on weekends or holidays. To schedule your group, send a completed Group Reservation Form to Visit Coordinator, Jessica Eagan at email@example.com. Reservation forms can be emailed, mailed or faxed (716-878-6100) to our office for consideration.
In order to make your Group Visit experience memorable and successful we have included guidelines and ground rules for your participation.
- Our Group Visit program can accommodate one group per day.
- We require at least 2-weeks advance notice for all Group Visits requests which must be submitted in writing. Once a visit date is established, groups will receive a confirmation in writing. Please note: your group is not confirmed until you have received a confirmation packet.
- The Group Visit request should include all relevant contact information: contact person, school or agency name, address, email, phone and fax numbers, at least 2 prospective dates and times of visit, number of students, types of students (i.e. juniors, seniors, etc.) and how many chaperones will accompany them.
- All visiting students must be in 9th grade or above.
- When you visit, we require 1 chaperone for every 10 students visiting.
- Chaperones are expected to review the ground rules with the students before they arrive and to assist with compliance during their visit.
- A 48-hour notice is requested for all cancellations.
- Groups anticipating arrival on campus later than the original reservation may be asked to change your confirmed itinerary.
- Due to budget restrictions, we are unable to provide refreshments for visiting groups. Please contact our Campus Dining Services Offices directly if you are interested in visiting our on campus dining facilities by calling (716) 878-5214.
- Students should speak in an appropriate tone for a business environment when arriving on campus.
- During the presentation and tour, it is expected that all electronics are turned off; this includes cell phones, iPods, video games, etc.
- Talking out of turn, or side conversations are not permitted when college representatives are speaking during the admissions presentation.
- During your campus tour, please give your full respect and attention to your tour guides. Please DO NOT talk while the guide is speaking.
- If there are questions during the tour, simply ask the tour guide by raising your hand.
- Visitors should stay together as a group (wandering off without permission is not allowed).
- Chaperones are expected to assist with compliance of ground rules.
- Tour guides and presenters will use a 'three strike' policy when working with your group to ensure these ground rules are followed. After three violations, or 'strikes', your presentation or tour may be terminated at the discretion of Buffalo State staff.