Get ready for the 34th Annual Art Education Juried Student Exhibition
When: April 8, through May 9, 2013
Where: The Czurles-Nelson Gallery
Monday, April 15
Hand-deliver artwork to Czurles-Nelson Gallery
Tuesday, April 16
Jurying of works
Tuesday, April 19
Opening of exhibition to public
Thursday, April 25
Reception 5-7 PM in Gallery
Friday, May 9
Closing & Strike
Watch for more details at a later date.
- All media is acceptable.
- All artists must be declared undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, or graduate art education majors.
- Entries must not have been previously exhibited in past student NYSATA/NAEA exhibitions.
- All work must be completely original and entirely by the artist.
- Artists may submit up to three entries.
- Each entry must not exceed eight feet in height, and/or weigh less than 300 pounds.
- All works must be suitably framed and ready to hang.
- Works on paper must be behind glass or plastic
- White, off-white, or neutral gray matting is preferred.
- Series of works submitted as one art work must be labeled as such on the entry card.
- All three- dimensional work must have a clean base surface.
- All accepted work must remain for the duration of the exhibition.
- Attach entry cards to the upper right back corner of each 2D work or to the base of each 3D work.
- Each artist must include a one page typed artist statement.
- Label, acceptance, inventory cards, and liability waiver must be filled out completely.
- Any entry that does not include all the above information will not be considered.
The artist is responsible for providing liability coverage for all works for judging, installation, storage, and exhibition. All possible care will be taken of the work. However, neither NYSATA, NAEA, the Student Chapter of NYSATA/ NAEA, the Art Education Department, the Czurles- Nelson Gallery, School of Arts and Humanities, Buffalo State College, nor any other SUNY unit can accept responsibility for accidental loss or damage to works.
Thank you for your participation. If you have any questions, please contact the Art Education Department at (716) 878-4106 or Tara Deane, AED Secretary I at firstname.lastname@example.org.