We are committed to teaching, scholarship, and research that advances creativity and critical thinking among our faculty, students, and staff. Towards this end, we provide a dynamic, collegial, and collaborative learning environment that inspires us to realize our potential as Artists and Humanists.
Furthermore, in partnership with the neighboring community, we are dedicated to enriching the quality of life in Buffalo and beyond by advancing cultural literacy, liberal education, and access to the Arts and Humanities.
School of Arts and Humanities Values Statement
We, the faculty, students, and staff of the School of Arts and Humanities, are committed to:
- fearless exploration of ideas
- innovative expression
- critical analysis
- understanding of the human condition and elevation of the human spirit
- state-of-the-art teaching, learning, and technology
- engaging research and high-quality scholarship
- interdisciplinary and collaborative pursuits
- lives that are both meaningful and professionally productive
- service in support of our local, regional, national, and international communities