With increased interest in students engaging in residence life on campus, Buffalo State College is moving ahead with plans for a two-unit $50 million campus housing project slated to begin construction after Commencement 2009. Estimated project completion is anticipated for fall 2010. The two L-shaped four-story halls are expected to create 503 bed spaces in apartment-style housing.
The Women’s Studies Interdisciplinary Unit is proud to present Lois Gibbs, named by the National Women’s History Project as one of its 2009 honorees, on Thursday, March 12, at 12:15 p.m. in Bulger Communication Center North.
Building on the success of the 2008 Leadership Lecture Series, a new lineup of speakers will again bring renowned national and local business leaders, activists, and alumni to campus in support of the college’s mission of preparing students for leadership roles and responsibilities.
The EOP Fund, a departmental fund for the Arthur O. Eve Educational Opportunity Program, will be renamed the Jaelah Yannis Jenkins EOP Fund, in honor of the late daughter of director Yanick Jenkins, during a ceremony at 3:00 p.m. tomorrow, February 27, in the Campbell Student Union Fireside Lounge.
- College Council Meeting
- Curricular Actions
- Provost’s Incentive Grants Now Available
- SUNY B-140W Tuition Assistance Deadline
- Final Call for Nominations: Student Leadership and Humanitarian Awards
- Information on Richardson Olmsted Complex Available
- Curricular Items
- SSSP Student Recognition Ceremony
- Job Outlook Good for Communication Grads
- State of the College Address Available
- New Residence Halls Set for Construction
- Educational Opportunity Program Dedicates EOP Fund in Memoriam
- Poet, Educator, and Activist Amiri Baraka to Speak at Buffalo State
- Lecture Series on Astronomical Affairs
- Scholars, Graduate Students to Speak at Chemistry/Physics Lecture Series
- Exhibit, Presentation, and Symposium Celebrate Women’s History
- Leadership Lecture Series Returns for Second Year
- Musa Abdul Hakim, Associate Librarian, E. H. Butler Library
- Beth Holleran, Lecturer, and Amitra A. Wall, Associate Professor, Sociology
- Michael Johnson, Associate Professor, Modern and Classical Languages
- Barbara D. Miller, Associate Professor, Modern and Classical Languages
- Gerald Nosich, Professor, Philosophy and Humanities
- Ted P. Schmidt, Associate Professor, Economics and Finance
- Deborah Silverman, Assistant Professor, Communication
- John Thompson, Associate Professor, Computer Information Systems
The new Burchfield Penney Art Center may be the latest addition to Buffalo State College, but it could be just the beginning for the Elmwood Avenue campus. More than $100 million in capital projects are scheduled to begin at Buffalo State this spring, according to college officials.
The new digital power relays installed at Buffalo State College will be used by engineering students in the college’s engineering lab there to simulate and address abnormal conditions on a power grid.