Nine hundred twenty-nine students will receive accolades for high academic achievement at today’s 51st annual Honors Convocation. All have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or better.
A recent survey inquired about “traditions” at Buffalo State. A tradition was characterized as a recurring activity much valued by the larger campus community as a signal event in the calendar of each academic year. Traditions typically have a history—at least 10 years—and apply to a large segment of the campus.
The International Center for Studies in Creativity (ICSC) will cohost the second Creativity and Innovation Management Community Meeting at Buffalo State College May 28–30. The conference will feature keynote speakers from Taiwan, England, France, and the United States addressing an anticipated crowd of more than 300 from across the globe.
Once described as an “under the radar” event by organizers, Ethnographic Dreamworlds, the ninth annual Sociology Conference at Buffalo State College, is garnering attention. Under way through Saturday, this year’s conference brings together 20 international scholars and 30 Buffalo State undergraduate students for intellectual discussions and student paper presentations.
- College Council Meeting
- Annual Security Report
- Repairs to Interrupt Hot-Water Service to Campus
- Position Announcements
- Message from the College Senate Chair
- Curricular Items
- Provost’s Corner
- Silver Screen Film Festival on Campus This Friday
- Academic Excellence in Full Bloom at Honors Convocation
- International Creativity Conference Brings Together Business Leaders, Scholars
- Ethnographic Dreamworlds Conference Connects Undergraduate Students with International Scholars
- Sally Arnold, Associate Professor, Speech-Language Pathology
- Elisa Bergslien, Assistant Professor, Earth Sciences and Science Education
- Kathleen Falconer, Lecturer, Elementary Education and Reading, and Joseph L. Zawicki, Assistant Professor, Earth Sciences and Science Education
- Jean F. Gounard, Director, International Student Affairs
- Musa Abdul Hakim, Associate Librarian, E. H. Butler Library
- S. Diane McFarland, Assistant Professor, Business
- Lori L. Till, Associate Professor, Hospitality and Tourism
- Rita M. Zientek, Associate Dean, School of the Professions
Some 300 people spent their morning and early afternoon developing ideas at a green economic summit at Buffalo State College on Saturday.
Buffalo State’s Intercollegiate Athletics department will hold its fifth annual “Kids’ Night Out” program for inner-city youth on Thursday, April 17, from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. in the Sports Arena.
Having books in the home encourages reading and a lifelong love of learning.