Tutoring isn’t just for struggling students. So says Thomas Renzi, coordinator of the Academic Skills Center, a place on campus where instructors can refer students seeking individualized attention for academic achievement and personal success.
More than a year in the making, a redesigned Buffalo State College Web site featuring a new look, streamlined navigation, updated content, better integration of the college’s popular Web 2.0 tools, and greater interactivity is scheduled to launch in late October.
The Geography and Planning Department at Buffalo State College and the Gerace Research Centre (GRC) at the College of the Bahamas recently entered into a five-year memorandum of understanding.
Kimberley Zittel-Palamara, assistant professor of social work, has dedicated her academic career to ensuring that people with medical needs are connected with appropriate care providers. Sounds simple enough. But for certain underserved groups, things are not always so simple.
- SEFA/United Way Campaign Kickoff
- Request for Submissions: Faculty and Staff Research and Creativity Fall Forum
- Emergency Calls on Campus
- Buffalo State Emergency Response Plan
- Annual Security Report
- Policy on Domestic Violence and the Workplace
- Action Item for October 2008 College Senate Meeting
- Curricular Items
- University Faculty Senate Co-sponsored Workshop: ‘How to Get Your Proposal Funded’
- Faculty Panel to Discuss Wall Street Turmoil
- Philosophy and Humanities Department Announces Fall 2008 Colloquia
- Peterson Society Dinner Celebrates Philanthropy
- Commitment to Buffalo State, Community Service, and Professional Accomplishments Underscore 2008 YAAA Reception
- Academic Skills Center Provides Personal Attention for College Success
- Redesigned Buffalo State Web Site to Debut in October
- Buffalo State Sponsors Research Lab in Bahamas
- Faculty Spotlight: Kimberley Zittel-Palamara
- Students to Conduct Experimental Iron Smelt
- Timothy Gallineau, Associate Professor, Student Personnel Administration
- Jean F. Gounard, Director, International Student Affairs
- Kimberly Hart, Assistant Professor, Anthropology
- Jeffrey Hirschberg, Assistant Professor and Coordinator of Television and Film Arts, Communication
- Michael C. Lazich, Associate Professor, History and Social Studies Education
- Carol Townsend, Chair and Associate Professor, Design
For Nancy McKelvey, food is more a science, one that she will continue to study. With a degree in food systems management, she recently returned to Buffalo State College as a dietetics student and will graduate in May. She knows that eating healthy—meals including lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, and low-fat dairy products—is not beyond most budgets. Her husband is learning, too.
Accountant. Controller. Small-business owner. These are the roles that defined the first years of Marilyn Roach’s career, and they form the knowledge she has passed to others over the last three years as an adviser with Buffalo State College’s Small Business Development Center.