Buffalo State College is proud to recognize two of its most dedicated supporters during this year’s Commencement ceremonies on Saturday, May 16. President’s Distinguished Service Awards will be presented to Gary M. Brost, chairman and CEO of Strategic Investments & Holdings Inc., and Benjamin M. Zuffranieri, ’80, senior partner with Hodgson Russ LLP.
Members of the campus community who secured funds for research or sponsored programs were honored Monday during the 12th annual Research Foundation Recognition Reception, held in the Burchfield Penney Art Center. The college currently boasts 73 project directors, more than half of whom are faculty members with the School of Natural and Social Sciences.
A few years ago, when a student told Jill Singer she didn’t realize how talented her fellow students were until she attended the Student Research and Creativity Celebration, Singer knew the event had become an important academic tradition. Now in its 11th consecutive year, the 2009 celebration takes place on campus tomorrow and Saturday, May 1 and 2.
A new approach to orientation this year will see all first-year students collectively undergo a traditional orientation session and academic advisement the week before classes begin. The welcome week—dubbed “Discover Your Truths” to mirror the 2008–2010 Academic Theme—begins Tuesday, August 25, and replaces the multiple orientation sessions for first-year students as conducted in the past.
- Curricular Actions
- Call for Nominations: Young Alumnus Achievement Award
- Buffalo State Brand Consultant Chosen
- Curricular Items
- Academic Success Recognized at EOP Honors Convocation
- Student Leaders Recognized at Awards Ceremony
- Arlo Guthrie Performs at Buffalo State
- Buffalo State Honors Two with President’s Distinguished Service Award
- Buffalo State Gears Up for ‘Welcome Week’ Orientation
- The World Within: A Collaboration of Dance and Fiber, April 29–May 2
- I-Q-I Project: Inspiration - Quotation - Interpretation
- Research Foundation Recognizes Sponsored Program Activity
- Student Research and Creativity Celebration Showcases Student Work
It has the buzz of New York Fashion Week—as well as the innovation, entertainment, drama, and even some big names. Runway 2.0 comes to the Burchfield Penney Art Center on Saturday with two events that merge the fashion and art worlds. It’s all part of a collaboration between the Buffalo State College fashion department and the Burchfield Penney, where the shows will be staged in the East Gallery.
“When people are online, they feel like it’s themselves and the computer, and they forget about the consequences of hitting the ‘Send’ button,” said Bill Raffel, associate professor of communication at Buffalo State College.
The Hospitality and Tourism Department at Buffalo State College hosted its 15th annual Ambassador Awards on Tuesday in Burchfield Penney Art Center auditorium.