Buffalo State College and the State University of New York will bestow two SUNY honorary doctorates during the college’s 2010 Commencement ceremonies on Saturday, May 15. Buffalo State alumna Judy L. Elliott, ’82, will receive the honorary doctor of humane letters, and poet Sonia Sanchez will be awarded the honorary doctor of letters. Trustee Eunice Ashman Lewin will confer the awards on behalf of SUNY.
As part of a nine-city rollout, State University of New York Chancellor Nancy Zimpher will be in Buffalo on April 28 to publicly launch SUNY’s new strategic plan, aimed at enhancing the vitality and quality of life at SUNY campuses and introducing a new way forward for aligning SUNY’s purpose with New York State’s economic future.
Asia, the largest continent, is home to more than half the world’s people. The rapid development of its two largest countries, China and India, is reshaping international politics and economics. The new Asian studies interdisciplinary minor, available in fall 2010, is designed to provide students with the knowledge and experience necessary to succeed in the emerging global network.
- College Council Meeting
- Receptions with Dr. Podolefsky
- Curricular Actions
- Policy on Academic Minors
- 2009–2010 Internal Control Summary and Certification
- Storm Water Management Program Annual Report
- Purchase Requisition Deadlines
- 2010 Student Leadership Awards
- College Senate Elections Extension for M/C, Support Staff
- College Senate Survey on PIN Pilot Program
- College Senate Meeting, Caucus
- Curricular Items
- 12th Annual Student Research and Creativity Celebration
- Buffalo State to Confer Two SUNY Honorary Doctorates at Commencement
- SUNY Chancellor, WNY Campuses Launch Strategic Plan
- New Minor Looks Eastward
- Dolores E. Battle, Senior Adviser to the President for Equity and Campus Diversity
- Shannon Budin, Assistant Professor, Exceptional Education
- Sharon F. Cramer, SUNY Distinguished Service Professor, Exceptional Education
- Ken Orosz, Assistant Professor, History and Social Studies Education
- Lorna Perez, Assistant Professor, English
- Gerard Puccio, Chair and Professor, Creative Studies
- Evelyn S. Rosario, Senior Academic Adviser, Educational Opportunity Program
- Ramona R. Santa Maria, Assistant Professor, Computer Information Systems
A springtime tradition played out at Buffalo State College on Saturday as the college hosted its annual “Spring Iron Pour,” where students and community members made personal tiles and sculptures out of molten lava. Proceeds from this year’s event funded the American Red Cross relief effort for Haiti.
Chancellor Nancy Zimpher has taken the wraps off a new marketing strategy for the 64-campus State University of New York system, hoping to use it as an economic development roadmap over the next five years.