Buffalo State College will proudly honor two of its most distinguished and dedicated alumnae—community leader Linda A. Dobmeier, ’71, and educator and author Barbara Seals Nevergold, ’66—with the Distinguished Alumnus Award during this year’s Commencement ceremonies on Saturday, May 15.
An online exhibition of 500 World War I postcards, including handwritten notes and historical commentary, has been developed for E. H. Butler Library’s Web site by Andrew Nicholls, professor of history and social studies education, with Marc Bayer, information systems librarian.
From the Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Thank you so much for your heartwarming response to the 2010 Faculty and Staff Appeal! I am grateful for each and every gift received—no matter what the amount. Each gift is important. Each gift makes a difference to one of our students.
- Curricular Actions
- Critique and Evaluation Period Spring 2010
- Academic Convocation 2010–2011
- Fall Forum 2010: Call for Submissions
- Thank You for Your Support of the Faculty and Staff Appeal
- College Senate Meeting, Caucus
- College Senate Survey on PIN Pilot Program
- Senate Election Results
- Curricular Items
- Focus on Sabbatical: Ted Schmidt
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Students Place Second in National Competition
- Taking Time for R&R, Student Style
- Buffalo State Honors Two with Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Online Postcard Exhibition Tells the Story of WWI
- Shannon Budin, Assistant Professor, Exceptional Education
- Burchfield Penney Art Center
- Alan Delmerico, Research Analyst, Center for Health and Social Research
- Heidi Dietz Faletti, Associate Professor, English
- Jeffrey Hirschberg, Assistant Professor, Communication
- Susan McCartney, Director, and Bill Grieshober, Adviser, Small Business Development Center
- Stephen F. Saracino, Professor, Design
- William F. Wieczorek, Director, Center for Health and Social Research
- Jeffrey D. Zacko-Smith, Assistant Professor, Creative Studies
Buffalo State College honored some of its best and brightest honors students at the Connecticut Street Armory Saturday night. The Foundation Scholarship Gala was the first function for the incoming college president, Dr. Aaron Podolefsky, since he accepted the job.
A consortium of colleges in Western and Central New York that includes Buffalo State College has received a $2.5 million federal grant that will be used to train utility workers in the “smart grid” of the future. The grant is part of $100 million in federal stimulus funding awarded by the U.S. Department of Energy.