The Mathematics Department is the first department at Buffalo State to offer a professional science master’s (P.S.M.) degree program—the first and so far only P.S.M. in applied mathematics and computation in New York State.
The Research Foundation at Buffalo State College welcomed three new members to the Million Dollar Club during its 13th annual Research Foundation Recognition Reception on April 26. The Million Dollar Club recognizes those who have secured sponsored program funding in excess of $1 million.
- Response to Senate Resolution: Student Health Fee
- Revision to April 8 Senate Resolution: Academic Level (Class Level) Policy
- Curricular Actions
- Academic Obligation for 2010–2011
- Survey: Daily-Bulletin Merger
- College Senate Meeting, Caucus
- Curricular Items
- International Center for Studies in Creativity Hosts Annual Conference
- Empty Bowls: Artists Help Feed Western New York
- Volunteer and Service-Learning Center Celebrates Service
- College Offers First Professional Science Master’s Program
- Research Foundation Recognizes Sponsored Program Activity
“They certainly have the potential to disrupt the whole ecosystem at a very profound, very basic level.” — Mark Clapsadl, field station manager, Buffalo State College Great Lakes Center
Buffalo State College professors and Project Flight co-directors Betty J. Cappella and Geraldine E. Bard have received this year’s Bernice Poss Award from the Western New York Network for Women Leaders in Higher Education. To date, Project Flight and its community partners have given more than 2 million books to thousands of children, families, schools, and agencies through its BookBank and Books for Kids drive.