Internal Search: Professional Staff Development Director
An opportunity exists for a member of the Buffalo State professional staff to lead staff development initiatives. The appointee will provide leadership in the following areas:
- The development and implementation of initiatives, policies, and a campuswide culture in support of excellence in professional service.
- Arrange and oversee delivery of professional development opportunities for new, midterm, and senior staff.
- Focus on skill sets for promotional opportunities.
- Coordinate new staff orientation and mentoring programs.
- Disseminate relevant information on staff development.
- Link staff development opportunities with the campus performance program system.
Appointment is for two years through the end of the spring 2010 semester. Provost will negotiate compensation package with the appointee. Starting date is negotiable.
Required Qualifications: Advanced degree, permanent appointment status, prior successful experience with staff development, and evidence of strong organizational and leadership skills.
Submit a letter of application, résumé or curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three professional references to: Carolyn Martino, Academic and Student Affairs, Cleveland Hall 519, Buffalo State College, 1300 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14222-1095
Electronic applications are encouraged and may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin March 21, 2008, and continue until the position is filled.