Internal Search: Faculty Development Director
An opportunity exists for a member of the Buffalo State faculty to lead faculty development initiatives. The appointee will provide leadership in the following areas:
- The development and implementation of initiatives, policies, and a campuswide culture in support of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Provide programs, services, and information on effective teaching strategies to assist faculty with their continual professional development as educators.
- Oversee the creation of a state-of-the-art learning and teaching center.
- Integrate new professional development efforts with established college initiatives such as leadership development, Carnegie Academy for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Program, Scholarship Support Program, and other existing efforts.
- Disseminate relevant information on faculty development opportunities.
- Instruct one class per semester in the discipline and/or in the college’s Intellectual Foundations program.
Initial emphasis will be on programming to enhance teaching. Appointment is for two years ending at the conclusion of the spring 2010 semester. Provost will negotiate compensation package with individual selected for the appointment. Starting date is negotiable.
Required Qualifications: Terminal degree, tenured faculty status, prior successful experience with faculty development, and evidence of strong organizational and leadership skills.
Submit a letter of application, résumé or curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three professional references to: Carolyn Martino, Academic and Student Affairs, Cleveland Hall 519, Buffalo State College, 1300 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14222-1095
Electronic applications are encouraged and may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin March 21, 2008, and continue until the position is filled.