Strategic Plan 2009–2013
Buffalo State embarked on a planning process through a stakeholder’s conference in October 2007. At that time, the framework for the college’s next strategic plan (2009–2013) was established.
Since then, the plan has been further developed by efforts of the College Planning Council, Innovation/Creativity/Efficiency Task Force groups, the President’s Council on Equity and Campus Diversity, the College and Community Partnerships Office, the Research and Creativity Council, the Service Learning Oversight Committee, Student Affairs, Institutional Advancement, and vice presidents.
All members of the college community are invited to review the draft Strategic Plan 2009–2013. Mechanisms for this are as follows:
- The draft Strategic Plan 2009–2013 is available at www.buffalostate.edu/strategicplanning. A Web response process is available for individuals to use in offering feedback on the entire plan or parts of it.
- The College Senate Academic Plan Committee will hold two open forums to facilitate discussion of the plan. The forums are scheduled for Tuesday, February 3, from noon to 1:30 p.m. in Bacon Hall 117 and Friday, February 6, from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. in E. H. Butler Library 210
- The College Senate Academic Plan Committee will present the plan to the College Senate Friday, February 13. Final discussion will occur at the March 13 College Senate meeting.
- All campus units (departments, centers) are encouraged to discuss the draft Strategic Plan 2009–2013 and to provide feedback to Maryruth Glogowski, E. H. Butler Library. Glogowski is the College Planning Council designee to collect feedback.
- Special sessions and processes will be implemented to solicit feedback on the plan from students.
Campus timeline for review and adoption of the plan:
- February 1–March 15: Collect feedback
- March 16–31: Revise plan and prepare final version
- April 1: Final adoption
I encourage the entire campus community to engage in this process of review and adoption of the Buffalo State Strategic Plan 2009–2013.