UUP Discretionary Awards
From the Interim President
Letters notifying UUP employees that they have been awarded a discretionary salary increase for 2009 were mailed on Tuesday, October 27. UUP employees who did not receive an award letter are reminded that they may appeal the decision by November 4, 2009, as follows:
The preliminary list of discretionary awards will be shared with vice presidents, deans, directors, and department chairs on the date discretionary award recipient letters are mailed to the employees.
- Any eligible faculty or professional staff member who is not notified by the interim president of an award by the designated date should assume that his or her name is not on the preliminary list. Employees not scheduled for an award, and employees dissatisfied with the amount of their award, may file an appeal with the Appeals Board. Reminder: self-nominations are no longer required to be eligible to appeal, and employees are no longer required to send a copy of their self-nominations to Human Resource Management.
- The Appeals Board includes the interim president, the interim provost, vice presidents, deans, and other administrative staff selected by the interim president. The board will consider written appeals of no more than 600 words. The board meets in closed session, and testimony or personal appeals will be by invitation only.
- Written appeals, addressed to the interim president, must be delivered to the President’s Office by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 4, 2009. Copies (not originals) of the appeal must also be provided to the associate vice president for human resource management (secretary to the Appeals Board) and to the appropriate vice president, dean, director, and department chair.
- Appeal candidates will be notified of the outcome of the appeal by November 16, 2009.
- Discretionary awards will be reflected in the paychecks dated December 10, 2009.