New enrollment data for Buffalo State points to a strong year of growth for the college. Total enrollment is at its highest level since fall 2002. The academic profile for the incoming class rose significantly, and transfer enrollment increased nearly 20 percent from last fall.
The State University of New York Board of Trustees has approved the appointment of Ann C. Colley, professor of English, to the rank of SUNY Distinguished Professor. Distinguished professorships and librarian professorships constitute the highest rank bestowed on SUNY instructional faculty.
November 23 marks the debut of Buffalo’s first college-community orchestra, the Buffalo State College Philharmonia, an initiative made possible by the vision and participation of the Buffalo State College Music Department.
- Colley Appointed Distinguished Professor
- Curricular Actions
- Call for Nominations: Outstanding Master’s Theses and Projects
- New York State Employee Health Benefits Fair
- Reminder: Please Close Windows
- Open Forum: New Textbook Policy
- Reminder: Chairs and Agenda Meetings
- Curricular Items
- Course Redesign: When a Bigger Class Is a Better Class
- Online-Teaching Discussion Engages Faculty
- Upcoming Great Lakes Center Seminars
- Hospitality and Tourism to Assist with AAC Event
- Communication Hall of Fame to Induct Newspaper Publisher
- News from SUNY
- Enrollment, Academic Profile Up at Buffalo State
- Music Department Distinguishes College, Community with New Orchestra
- Sharon Cramer, SUNY Distinguished Service Professor, Exceptional Education
- Robert Delprino, Associate Professor, Psychology
- Kimberly Hart, Assistant Professor, Anthropology
- Dwight Hennessy and Stephen Schwartz
- Yanick Jenkins, Director, Educational Opportunity Program
- Michael Johnson, Associate Professor, Modern and Classical Languages
- Tracy P. Johnson, Senior Academic Adviser, Educational Opportunity Program
- Meg Knowles, Assistant Professor, Communication
- Awilda E. Ramos Zagarrigo, Assistant Professor, Exceptional Education
The 28 seats at the Burchfield Penney Art Center's Tastings Cafe are full for lunch on some days, occupied mainly by college staff and museum visitors. About 70 percent of the food offerings incorporate sauces created by Maria Kahn, who runs the cafe.
SUNY again reported record enrollment at its 64 campuses, with an increase of 25,458 students statewide, or nearly 6 percent. Buffalo State grew to 11,714 students from 11,234, up 4.3 percent in the year-over-year comparison. It remains the largest of SUNY’s 13 comprehensive colleges.