Campus House
.
Events | Hours | Menu | Facilities and Staff | Membership | Curriculum | Campus House History | Home | Buffalo State


Flower Graphic Campus House History
home : campus house history

A Place With History

One of the college's five original buildings, Campus House was home to three Buffalo State presidents and their families until 1969: Harry W. Rockwell, Harvey M. Rice, and Paul G. Bulger. For the next 30 years, the building served as administrative office space.

Construction began in 2000 to renovate the structure into a state-of-the-art teaching lab for the Hospitality and Tourism Department and social club for the Buffalo State community. Campus House opened in 2002.


Campus House Timeline

1930
Construction completed in 1930; one of the campus's five original buildings.

1931-1966
Residence for three former presidents and their families
- Harry W. Rockwell, 1931-1951
- Harvey M. Rice, 1951-1958
- Paul G. Bulger, 1959-1966

1966
Faculty lounge

1969
Alumni and placement offices

1974-2000
Faculty Student Association and dining services

2002-present
Campus House opens as a lab for two major Hospitality and Tourism courses: HTR 300 and 480


right corner
bottom left corner
the place


Events | Hours and Reservations | Menu | Facilities | Membership | Curriculum
Campus House History | Home | Buffalo State

For reservations: (716) 878-3300

Campus House
Hospitality and Tourism Department | Caudell Hall 207
Buffalo State | 1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14222 | (716) 878-3300
campushouse@buffalostate.edu

bottom right corner