Summary of Amendments
Note: All amendments 1968-1977 are incorporated into the text of the document, and are not specified below.
Approved by the Faculty, December 1968.
Approved by the Faculty, February 19, 1971; approved by the Chancellor, March 24, 1971; declared in effect by the President, with concurrence of the College Council, March 26, 1971.
Approved by Faculty Action, June 22, 1973; approved by the College Council and declared in effect by the President, August 1, 1973.
Approved by the Faculty Action, September 9, 1977; approved by the College Council and declared in effect by the President, October 17, 1977.
Approved by the Faculty, April 1995:
- College Senate By-Laws, Article I: Preamble added –"and makes recommendations to the President of the College in the execution of his responsibilities as Chief Administrative Officer."
- College Senate By-Laws, Article III: College Senate added – paragraph B. "The actions of the Senate are advisory to the President."
- College Senate By-Laws, Article III: new – C. a. President of the College, ex officio, non-voting. b. The Vice President for Academic Affairs, add: ex officio, non-voting, the Vice President for Student Affairs, add: ex officio, non-voting, the Vice President for Finance and Management, ex officio, non-voting and… h.Two members ex officio, non-voting appointed by the President.
Approved by the Faculty, May 1996:
- Amendment to College Senate By-Laws, Article III College Senate; Section C.d. College Senate shall be composed of: “Six members elected at large by a majority vote of the professional staffs of the Instructional Resources, Student Affairs, and other professional groups not otherwise represented,…”
- Added New Article X
In August 2000 a new Senate handbook was produced, with new pagination, and revised grammar and gender references.
Amended by the Senate, May 2001; approved by Faculty October 2003:
- Article III, Section E, guidelines for composition of standing committees of the Senate were modified to be in accord with practice.
- Article III, Section F, role of secretary was changes to conform to practice, with student senator being designated as a member of the Senate Agenda Committee.
- Article III, Section N, addition of resignation of senator, and clarification of notification policies for leaves of absence from the Senate.
- Public Service Activities Committee dissolved, and eliminated throughout document.
Amended by the Senate, April 2003; approved by Faculty October 2003:
- Article III, Section G, add discussion of annual reports from page 4 deleting it from page 4.
- Article III, Section J, change to sentence 3.
- Article VI, was renamed: Appointment to, and representation on, Key Faculty Groups
- Article VI, text was deleted in both A. and B. and new text inserted.
- Article VIII, modified text of Article X was inserted as new Section D or Article VIII, since both Articles VIII, and X deal with the amendment process.
- Article X was eliminated, since it was modified and inserted into Article VIII as Section D.
Amended by the Senate, May 2005; approved by the Faculty, April 2006:
- Academic Services and International Education Committees dissolved and eliminated throughout the document.
Amended by the Senate, March 2006; approved by the Faculty, April 2006:
- Article III, Section C, reworded to reflect reorganization of academic units.
- College support staff were included as a represented group. Changes made throughout document.
- Article II, Section C, additions to address any disenfranchisements regarding voting and ability to run for elections.
- Article III, Section C, introductory section changed to clarify faculty majority and groups represented on the College Senate.
- University Senators must have full time faculty status.
Amended by the Senate, March 2007; approved by the Faculty:
- At-large reduction from nine senators to seven to achieve faculty majority.
- Changes to charges for all standing committees except Curriculum and Budget and Staff Allocations.