Bachelor's degree applications are available in the Registrar's Office, Moot Hall 210, and online at the Registrar's website under Forms and Services and the Graduation Preparation page. Information on degree requirements and application deadlines is provided.
Bachelor's Degree Application Deadlines
- For December 2013, apply by September 13, 2013.
- For January 2014, apply by September 13, 2013.
- For May 2014, apply by February 7, 2014.
- For August 2014, apply by February 21, 2014 if you wish to participate in the Commencement ceremony and/or have your name included in the program booklet.*
*Note: August 2014 degree candidates may apply by June 2 if they neither wish to participate in Commencement nor have their names printed in the May 17 Commencement booklet.
Those who receive the Commencement informational postcard at their permanent addresses during the week of spring recess (March 24-29, 2013):
- December 2013 and January 2014 graduates.
- Potential May 2014 degree candidates who apply for their degrees by February 7.
- Potential August 2014 degree candidates who apply for their degrees by February 21.
See bachelor's Late Degree Applicants, below.
Late Degree Applicants
Those who apply after the deadlines may obtain one bachelor's Commencement informational postcard beginning date TBD from the Registrar's Office upon submitting a degree application. The Registrar's Office will validate the postcard to verify receipt of the degree application.
Beginning with the Commencement Kickoff event on date TBD, you may take the validated postcard to the bookstore to register for Commencement and obtain guest tickets. Learn more about the bachelor's registration process.
NOTE: SUNY Buffalo State makes every effort to include all degree candidates' names in the Commencement booklet. Those who apply for their degrees after the deadlines are not guaranteed listing in the booklet.