In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Buffalo State has designated an agent to receive notices of alleged web-based copyright infringement:
Judith B. Basinski
Associate Vice President
Computing and Technology Services
1300 Elmwood Ave.
Buffalo, New York 14222
phone: (716) 878-4611
fax: (716) 878-4235
For more information on United States copyright laws, see the United States Copyright Office, http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright.
Guidelines for Copyright Complaints
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act specifies that infringement claims be submitted in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and include the following:
- a physical or electronic signature
- identification of the copyrighted work
- identification of the infringing material and information sufficient to locate the material
- contact information for the complainant, e.g. address, telephone number, electronic mail address
- a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- a statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.