Alumni Profile: Kevin R. Kuehmeier
Undergraduate degree: Criminal Justice, 1991, Buffalo State College
Graduate degree: Criminal Justice, 1993, Buffalo State College
Current position: Pretrial and Probation Administrator, Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, Washington, D.C., August 2006-present
- Provide administrative oversight and assessment of national drug and alcohol treatment programs.
- Conduct program reviews and technical assistance visits to provide recommendations and guidance on policy for probation and pretrial offices.
- Provide staff work for the Judicial Conference Committee on Criminal Law regarding legislation affecting our system.
- Provide assistance to districts with substance abuse testing and treatment policy and procedure questions.
- Monitor trends, analyze data, and make recommendations for improvements of national policies.
- Assist with the implementation of Evidence Based Practices.
- Assist with the development of national training for treatment services.
- Provide training to new officers at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Charleston, South Carolina.
Progression of criminal justice related jobs:
Public Safety Aide/Coordinator, Buffalo State College 1990-1992
Graduate Assistant–Lifelong Learning Center, Drinking and Driver Program, Buffalo State College, 1991-1993
Student Contractor, U.S. Probation, WD/NY Buffalo, 1993
U.S. Pretrial Services Officer, ED/PA Philadelphia, PA 1993-1994
U.S. Probation Officer, WD/NY Buffalo, NY 1994-2001
Senior U.S. Probation Officer, Drug and Alcohol Treatment Specialist, WD/NY Buffalo 2001-2006
Personal information: Married, 2 children