Install a network printer on a Windows 7 computer
Follow the steps below to install a network printer on a Windows 7 computer.
1. Click Start and select Devices and Printers
2. Click Add a printer
3. Click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
4. Click The printer that I want isn't listed
5. Choose the option to Select a shared printer by name
6. Enter \\printsrvr6\printer_name (replacing "printer_name" with the queue name of the network printer), click Next
7. If desired, select the option to Set as the default printer
Please Note To select this or another printer as your default, open Devices and Printers, right-click the desired printer and choose the option to Set as the default printer.