Students are strongly encouraged to sign up for NY-Alert, a service that sends emergency messages via text, voice, or e-mail. This free service will immediately connect students with the most up-to-date information concerning weather-related campus closings, on-campus crises, and other need-to-know info. Sign up through your Banner account. Click on the Personal Information link, and then select Emergency Alert Contact Information (NY-ALERT) to begin the registration process. Your contact information is confidential and will not be used for any other purpose.
Call 878-6333 (dial ext. 6333 from a campus phone)
Buffalo State, the only State University of New York (SUNY) college located in a metropolitan area, features a 115-acre campus that is safe, accessible, and attractive. University police officers are on duty 24-hours a day, seven days a week. The University Police maintain safety by patrolling the campus, responding to emergencies, and notifying the college community of unusual events.
University Police strive to prevent crime through community police practices, educational programs, and crime prevention programs such as escort services, Operation Identification, and transportation services. The Blue Light Telephone System has emergency phones located around the campus that link callers instantly to the University Police.
Contact list for Buffalo State's students and neighbors; All numbers use (716) area code:
City of Buffalo
- Buffalo Police: 911
- D District Station: 851-4413
- Housing Inspections: 851-4972
- Fire Prevention: 851-5707
- Call and Resolution Line: 851-4890
- Crisis Services (24-hrs.): 834-3131
- Councilmember Joseph Golombek (North District): 851-5116
Buffalo State College
- University Police: 878-6333
- College and Community Partnerships Office: 878-4132
- Counseling Center: 878-4436
- Dean of Students Office: 878-4618
- Weigel Health Center: 878-6711