Q. I have a disability.  Do I have to meet the same requirements for admissions as students who do not have a disability?
A. Yes.  According to the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, colleges do not have to lower their admissions standards for students with disabilities.

Q. What documentation do I have to provide to prove that I have a disability?
A. You must have a statement from an appropriately licensed and certified person who is qualified to diagnose your disability and to provide a statement about its impact on your ability to function as a student in college.

Q.  I have an IEP from high school.  Is that adequate documentation?
A. No. The IEP from high school identifies the services the high school agreed to provide.  The high school IEP does not document the disability or identify the impact on college education.  A recent evaluation from high school's school psychologist or other licensed professional may be used for documentation

Q. Where do I send documentation of my disability?
A. Send documentation to the Disability Services Office, 120 South Wing, Buffalo State College, 1300 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14222-1095 after you have been admitted to the college.  Do NOT send it to the Admissions office.

Q. Are the residence halls accessible for students with disabilities?
A. Yes.  If you need accommodations in the residence halls, contact the Residence Life Office.

Q. I cannot take a full-time load of classes because of my disability.  Can I get financial aid as a part-time student with a disability?
A. Yes, if attending school part-time is necessary because of your disability. 

Q. What is the institution's responsibility to international students?
A. International students are entitled to the same protection from nondiscrimination on the basis of disability as are US students.

Q. Does the institution have to provide accommodations for a non-degree, non-matriculated, and continuing education program students?
A. Yes. All students with a disability who are enrolled at the college including non-degree, non-matriculated, or continuing education program students must be provided accommodations.