Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped (CBVH)

CBVH works with individuals who have a significant visual impairment or legal blindness. Funding is provided based on income and severity of need. Assistive technology and adaptive equipment and training in their use are also common forms of support. If a student is eligible for CBVH support, he/she must first complete the federal FAFSA (Free Application for Financial Student Assistance) paperwork as well as TAP. Any gaps after that funding is in place can be covered according to guidelines established periodically. It is the student’s responsibility to provide transcripts and other documentation of progress each semester for continued funding. To receive a voucher for books, the student must request it from the agency well before the start if the semester to ensure the paperwork is ready when the books are needed.

Link to CBVH