Once you have achieved all of the pre-requisites you can apply to become one of the full majors. Whether transfer students may be eligible for acceptance directly into one of the full Elementary Education majors will be decided on a case-by-case basis or by college joint articulation agreements.
Becoming a Childhood Education Major (CED), an Early Childhood Education Major (ECE) or a Combined Program Major (ECC):
To apply as a Childhood major, an Early Childhood major, or a Combined major, the student must, by the end of the semester in which they are applying:
- Be a Pre-Elementary Education (ELEW) major or equivalent
- Have successfully completed 45 credit hours which must include CWP 101, CWP 102, and the mathematics basic skills competency requirement
- Pass two Intellectual Foundations courses with a C or better and the foundation courses for the selected major (EDU201, SPF(EDF) 202, and/or SPF(EDF) 203, SPF(EDF) 302, and EDU 211 or their equivalents) with a 2.5 GPA in those courses
- Applicants to the full majors must earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5, as well as a minimum 2.5 GPA in the selected EDF/SPF(EDU) courses
- Submit an acceptable department application
- Submit a copy of your LAST score or proof of registration for the LAST
A blue application form is available in Bacon Hall, Room 302, two weeks prior to the admission deadline date.
February 15, July 15, or September 15 of each year, which will allow students to start in the full Elementary Education program the following semester.