Events Management

Events Management maintains a small inventory of the following equipment:

  • Tables
  • Chairs
  • Easels
  • Flip Charts
  • Tall and Table Top Stanchions
  • Tents

Requesting use of the above equipment is done while completing the Online Student Event Request.  If the student organization is using space in the Campbell Student Union, the equipment is requested by the student organization through the Student Life Office, 878-4631.  Equipment is loaned on a first-come-first-served basis.

It is the student organization’s responsibility to see that the equipment is set-up and broken down properly.  Tables are stacked in sets of ten (10) with the legs folded and facing upwards.  Chairs are stacked in piles of 50 with the Property of Events Management label facing upwards.  All tables and chairs should be stacked on table and chair carts.  Broken equipment should be set aside so they may be removed from inventory.

Instructional Resources 

Student Organizations who need use of instructional resource equipment (i.e. extension cords, C.D. players, projectors, screens, etc.) are to contact Instructional Resources directly.  They are required to complete an equipment request form that needs to be signed by a faculty or staff member of the college.  Students must submit the signed request at least 48 hours prior to use of the loaned equipment.  Equipment loaned is based on availability.  Upon picking up the equipment, students must show their Buffalo State student identification card.  

Chartwells (Grill)

Arrangements for campus catering is done directly with Chartwells.  Student organizations who request to borrow the caterer’s grill must complete a Grill Rental Agreement form at least one week prior to the event.  There is an $80 non-refundable rental fee required.  This rental fee includes charcoal and lighter fluid.


Other Options

If a Student Organization does not wish to utilize College equipment, use of services of outside vendors are welcome.   However, these vendors must provide the Events Management Office with a valid and current insurance certificate in order to conduct business at Buffalo State.