Once the commitment for use of facilities by our College Community has been fulfilled, Buffalo State will offer Community Organizations use of College Facilities on a "short-term" basis at no cost or loss in services to the College. Examples of this are: conferences, workshops, lectures, sporting events, rehearsals, performances, etc.The procedures to reserve facilities at the College are as follows:
- Community Organizations must contact Events Management to request use of a facility.
- Upon receiving a request, Events Management will send an Event Application to the client.
- The client is asked to complete the application to the best of his or her ability and send it back to Events Management as soon as possible with a brief description of the event attached.
- An Events Management staff member will contact the client within two business days to clarify the request.
- Events Management will set up a meeting with all the necessary parties from the College. This meeting may include representatives from the venue, food services, University Police, and any other office that may be involved in helping to make for a successful event.
- A Reservation Contract and Revocable Permit will be sent to the client along with a cost estimate (if applicable).
- The client will be asked to provide Events Management with a signed Reservation Contract, a signed and notarized Revocable Permit, and a $1,000,000 insurance rider naming "Buffalo State College, State of New York, SUNY and the Buffalo State College Foundation" as co-insureds. In addition to these, a Facilities Utilization Fee and/or a deposit check may be required.
- Please review the Reservation Contract and Revocable Permit, and contact Events Management with any questions, concerns or changes.
- All documentation and monies due must be returned to Events Management by the specified date. Failure to comply will result in the cancellation of the event and the release of any reserved facilities.