Broad-based fee waivers are granted for Buffalo State students who meet one of these three conditions:
- Those who are enrolled in study-abroad
- Those who reside outside of Erie and Niagara counties and are enrolled exclusively in on-line courses that never meet on campus
- Those who reside outside of Erie and Niagara counties and are enrolled exclusively in other types of classes that never meet on campus
Applying for a Waiver
Fee waivers are not automatic. Students must apply for them, as follows:
- The International and Exchange Programs Office performs the fee waiver application process on behalf of study-abroad students
- All other students seeking fee waivers must apply for them each term or semester. Effective with January Term 2014, students should apply via Banner, Buffalo State's integrated student information system. To apply, please log in to Banner, then go to Student > Student Account. Click on "Broad-based Fee Waiver Requirements" and follow the application instructions.
If a waiver application is approved, a refund will be processed within six weeks. If a waiver application is denied, an e-mail notification will be sent within six weeks.
- Fees subject to waiver are the athletics, health and transportation fees. Once a fee waiver is granted to a student, access to all services provided by the fees will cease for that student for the remainder of the term or semester.
Students may apply for a fee waiver until one week after the drop/add deadline for each term or semester.