Buffalo State offers fine arts students a wealth of galleries, facilities, resources, and opportunities for learning outside of the classroom and studio.
- Czurles-Nelson Gallery Exhibits the work of professional artists, designers from regional and national venues, and works by Buffalo State students and faculty. Highlights throughout the year include: the Student Art Sale, Art Education Show, and the Design Student and Faculty Exhibition.
- Dr. Margaret E. Bacon, ’41, Student Art Gallery Located near the entrance of Upton Hall, the work of students, faculty, and local artists' is highlighted here.
- Burchfield-Penney Art Center Dedicated to Charles E. Burchfield and other important Western New York artists, the Burchfield-Penney Art Center has an active schedule of exhibitions and educational programs.
- E. H. Butler Library exhibits art, educational, and cultural exhibits year round. Exhibitions include paintings, sculpture, and literature. Find out what's currently on display.
Facilities and Resources
- Extensive slide library and art history conference room
- Customized studios including five painting and drawing studios with northern light
- Digital imaging and large-format photography lab
- Black-and-white and color darkrooms
- Two printmaking studios
- Papermaking facility, two sculpture studios, and one modeling studio
- Department exhibitions
- Field trips to museums and collections in New York City, Toronto, Rochester, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh
- Visiting-artist lectures
- Visual Resources Web site