Program Requirements for All Multidisciplinary Studies Options
All degree options must comply with these regulations.
• A minimum of 30 credits must be completed, comprised of at least 15 credits of 600- or 700-level courses, including the thesis or project.
• A maximum of 12 credits may be taken in a discipline that offers a master's degree; a maximum of 18 credits may be taken in a discipline that does not offer a master's degree.
• A maximum of 15 credits may be taken at one or more other accredited institutions.
• Transfer credit must comply with the regulations stated in the course organization section above and must have the prior approval of the advisory committee.
• Only grades of B or better will be accepted as transfer credit.
Completion Time Limit
• Coursework (including transfer credit) must be completed within six years preceeding the date of completion of the program.
Grade Point Average
• A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 (4.0 scale) is required to graduate.
• A maximum of six credits of independent study may be included in the program.
• The master of arts candidate must complete a thesis and must orally defend it to the satisfaction of the principal adviser and advisory committee.
• The master of science candidate must complete either a thesis or supervised project and must successfully defend it in an oral examination by the principal adviser and advisory committee. Please note: International cohort students studying with International Learning Styles Center may complete a master's project only.