Please contact Ms. Cathy Molenda, Graduation Coordinator,
with questions regarding graduation and diplomas at email@example.com.
As a final reminder, please make copies of all of your forms.
It is important to use the same name on your Graduation Application that was on your Application for Admission as well as all course registrations. The formal name that was written on your Application for Admission will be the only name that will be recognized in the SUNY, Buffalo State system, and by our office. All of your official records will be registered under that name. If your name has changed please notify our office immediately.
In order for a graduate student to be awarded a master’s degree the following requirements must be met:
- Completion of your Application for Graduation, submitted to International Graduate Programs for Educators one semester prior to your anticipated graduation. You must apply for graduation by the deadline or your application for graduation will be processed for the following semester’s graduation.
- 2. Completion of 30 graduate-level credits. All coursework must be completed and final grades awarded by May 1st for spring semester graduation, August 1st for summer semester graduation and December 1st for fall semester graduation. Courses completed and graded after those dates will be posted in the following semester and your degree will be granted at the end of that semester.
- Therefore, a student who takes a course with final assignments that will be graded after May 1st will graduate in August. A student can request a Letter of Completion stating that all requirements for the degree have been met, once all grades have been received in our office.
- Receipt of official transcript(s) of approved transfer credit as listed on the candidacy form. Transfer credit must meet all requirements as defined under Transfer Credit.
- Approved candidacy and completion of all required coursework exactly as specified on your Application for Admission to Candidacy and Change in Approved Graduate Degree Program (if required).
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B) in all graduate coursework.
- Completion of all coursework and degree requirements within the six-year period immediately preceding the date of graduation.
- Completion of a minimum of 15 credits of 600- or 700-level coursework.
- The Dean and appropriate staff of the Graduate School will review your academic file to determine if you have met all requirements. Courses with a grade of I (incomplete) must be completed and appropriate grades submitted.
- All financial obligations to the college must be met.
In accordance with established deadlines, students who do not meet the requirements for graduation by the semester for which they applied, must submit a new application for graduation for the semester in which the requirements will be completed.
IMPORTANT! Your Master of Science Diploma will be sent to your host school using trackable mail at no cost. If you would like to have your documents sent to an alternative address, a payment of U.S. $25.00 must be sent with your Application for Graduation. Please be sure to print the complete address on the form where you want to receive your diploma.
Documents are sent approximately 8 weeks after the end of the semester of your graduation date, which allows for graduation audits and processing and printing of Official Diplomas. A student can send a request to Ms. Cathy Molenda, Graduation Coordinator, for a Letter of Completion once all grades have been received and recorded in our office. A Letter of Completion states that all requirements for the degree have been met.