Please contact Mrs. Grace Vogt, Admissions Coordinator with admission questions at email@example.com.
Please make copies of all of your submitted forms. It is important to use the same name on all of your forms that you use on your Graduate Admission Application.
Thank you for choosing Buffalo State, SUNY to continue your education. Below are the guidelines for admission into the Master’s Degree Program offered through the International Graduate Program for Educators.
Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from an institution that is accredited by an approved U.S. regional accrediting agency or a degree that is equivalent to a U.S. four-year bachelor's degree. Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (4.0 scale) in the baccalaureate degree.
Buffalo State maintains a student-managed admissions process that requires an applicant to submit a complete application packet with all required components by the appropriate deadline. Thus, applicants are assured the admissions committee has all the necessary information to evaluate their qualifications. Applicants are cautioned that a significant amount of time is required by the Graduate School to process an application and make an admission recommendation.
Please note that the fall semester deadline is actually after the fall semester has ended. This later deadline allows new faculty adequate time to obtain necessary admission documents. Applicants may complete up to six (6) credits prior to acceptance into our Master’s Program. If an applicant is not accepted by the completion of two (2) courses, a hold will be placed on the applicant's record and the applicant will be unable to register for any further coursework until officially accepted. Credit for the completed coursework will be applied towards the applicant's degree if and only if the applicant is accepted into the degree program.
FALL (August 10 – December 10) January 7 (after the fall semester)
SPRING (January 2- May 10) April 15 (mid spring semester)
SUMMER (May 15 – August 5th) August 5 (end summer semester)
All forms are available from the International Graduate Programs for Educators Office website at www.buffalostate.edu/ilsc and/or the designated contact person from the host school.
Applications for Graduate School admission will not be processed until a complete APPLICATION PACKET is received by International Graduate Programs for Educators. Do not send the packet to any other office or campus address. Anyone with an incomplete application will be notified by e-mail, resulting in a delay in processing. Coursework is not applicable to a degree or certificate program until you are formally admitted.
Applicants must assume full responsibility for knowledge of all of the deadlines and requirements for admission as detailed in this document. All required documents must be submitted by the appropriate deadline to:
International Graduate Programs for Educators
430C South Wing
SUNY, Buffalo State
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14222 USA
Once an applicant has been officially accepted, Mrs. Vogt will email an acceptance letter to you using the email address you provided on your Application for Admission. Please do not use ‘Hotmail’ email addresses. ‘Hotmail’ frequently rejects emails from colleges and universities.
AN APPLICATION PACKET can take up to four months to complete so please plan ahead.
A complete packet includes:
1. Graduate Admission Application. Some of the fields have already been completed on the application for you. Please be sure to include all signatures.
2. Application Fee Payment Form and a $50.00 U.S. nonrefundable application fee. Acceptable methods of payment: Money order, personal, certified or travelers check made payable to “Research Foundation of SUNY”.
3. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended in sealed envelopes. This includes transcripts for any coursework that was transferred into another institution’s degree and any coursework that you want considered for transfer credit. Each institution must send the transcript directly to the applicant. Applicants submit unopened transcript envelopes with other application materials.
4. Applicants who completed their undergraduate degrees from post-secondary schools, where English was NOT the first language, must submit a certified English translation of all official transcripts along with their official or certified true copies of their transcript.
5. A degree evaluation is required for applicants who have completed a bachelor’s degree outside of the United States. Applicants holding undergraduate degrees from a Canadian college or university should submit their official transcripts to our office. If those transcripts follow a system similar to that of the United States, they will be evaluated locally. If not, Canadian applicants will be required to comply with the international student credential policy.
Applicants must contact one of the following credential evaluation agencies and request a document-by-document evaluation to determine equivalency to a U.S. bachelor’s degree:
World Education Services, Inc., P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station,
New York, NY 10274-5087, Phone: (212) 966-6311, Fax: (212) 739-6120, www.wes.org.
Josef Silny and Associates, International Education Consultants, P.O. Box 248233,
Coral Gables, FL 33124, Phone: (305) 273-1616, Fax: (305) 273-1338, www.jsilny.com
Applicants must contact the agency for the most current requirements and fees and to request or download an application from their website. All required forms, documents and fees must be sent by the applicant directly to the agency.
The evaluation agency must send your document-by-document evaluation directly to our office.
Applicant copies will not be accepted nor evaluations from any other agency or service.
The process can take up to four – six weeks to complete after the agency has received all of your documents. Your Application for Admission will not be reviewed until the evaluation has been received in our office from the agency completing your report. Evaluations from the credential evaluation agency must be sent to our office.IMPORTANT! Applicants must submit one set of official transcripts/translations with their Graduate Admission Application packet to our office and a second set of the same documents to World Education Services or Josef Silny and Associates for evaluation.
Submitted materials become the property of the Graduate School. Copies of application materials will not be supplied to the student or any other institution.