New International Students
The following is a list of things that new international students need to complete. Please feel free to ask for more information about any one of the items at the Office of International Student affairs.
- Move into your permanent housing accommodations (on campus or off campus).
- Within two days of your arrival, make sure to come to the Office of International Student Affairs (Student Union 400) in order to check in and to meet the staff.
- Attend the International Student Orientation at the beginning of the semester (information is mailed to you before your arrival to the U.S.).
- Graduate students check in with your department after checking in with the Office of International Student Affairs.
- Review all welcome materials.
- Obtain your BSC email account, which is necessary for registration. Information on how to use the BANNER registration system can be found on the Buffalo State website.
- If you are unable to log into your registration account, please contact the Office of Computing and Technology Services in South Wing (Twin Rise) 202, Telephone (716) 878-4611.
- Obtain your Buffalo State ID Card, which you receive in the E.H. Butler Library at the Information desk for $10.
- Register for Classes online (Check your International Student Orientation schedule for registration dates). You need to have your BSC account set up and have been advised in order to register.
- Attend the Welcome Reception for International Students, put on by the International Students Organization. Check your International Student Orientation Schedule for time and location.
- Connect your telephone in your apartment or dorm. For more information contact the Resident Assistants in the residence hall or call Verizon at (716) 890-7711.
- Open your bank account. (A bank representative will give you more information on how to open a bank account during the international orientation).
Enjoy your sojourn in Buffalo.