Your legal responsibilities regarding work opportunities during your studies

On campus employment does not require permission from American Immigration. Off campus employment includes many options requiring permission from American immigration prior to starting work. On campus employment usually pays minimum hourly wages and cannot be depended upon to cover major educational expenses such as tuition, fees, room, board etc.

Do not ever consider working off campus without having permission from American immigration. Working illegally off campus may include jobs like babysitting. If found working illegally, you will be considered to be out of status by the American immigration and deportation procedure will be taken against you.

Please refer to the links related to this matter.