Guidelines for Completing AR-11

Download Form AR-11 Change of Address Form. See Guidelines for Completing Form AR-11 below. The Office of International Student Affairs suggests making a photocopy of the complete Form AR-11 for your personal records.

After meeting with the Office of International Student Affairs about your address change, send your change of address (Form AR-11) requests to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Change of Address
PO Box 7134
London, KY 40742-7134

For commercial overnight or fast freight services, only:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Change of Address
1084-I South Laurel Road
London, KY 40744

Guidelines for Completing Form AR - 11

When do we need to file the form?

You need to file the form if your address has changed since you last entered the U.S. You must file it within 10 days of the change.


Write your name exactly as it appears on your passport and I-94. If you do not have a middle name, write the word "none" in that space.

I am in the United States as:

The following are supposed to check "Other" and specify their status:

  • Students who have graduated and are on post completion OPT/Academic Training
  • Research Scholars
  • Dependents

Copy Number form Alien Card

Pertains only to legal permanent residents, all others must write "none" in the space provided.

Present Address:

Even if you receive all your mail at a P.O. Box, indicate your RESIDENTIAL address. DHS has made very clear that your RESIDENCE address is what should be written here, not an office, department, or work address.

If Address above is Temporary

I expect to remain there... You need to provide your best estimate at the time you fill out the form. You will complete a new AR-11 when you move, so the DHS will have a good idea where you live anyway. Do not automatically estimate the number of years by the prospective completion date indicated on your I-20.

I Work for or Attend School at:

  • Students who graduated and are on OPT/Academic Training need to write the company/employer name and address
  • Research Scholars at Buffalo State should write the address of the Office of International Student Affairs
  • Current students who have not graduated write the address of the Office of International Student Affairs as well

Port/Date of Entry into U.S.

This is the city or airport where you most recently entered the U.S. Keep in mind that the AR-11 is used to update the address information that you indicated on the most recent I-94 (or AR-11) that you submitted. If you have not left the U.S. since your initial arrival, and you don't remember the date that you entered, you can find this date on your I-94 card, stamped in your passport, or on the original I-20 that you used for your initial entry.

If not a Permanent Resident, My Stay in the U.S. Expires on:

  • Current students write the end date of the I-20
  • Research scholars write the end date of their IAP-66/DS 2019
  • Students who have graduated write the end date of their OPT EAD or Academic Training

If you are here with Dependants:

You need to complete and send Form AR-11 to the DHS for each person.