Questions to Ask in Interviews
- What is a typical career path in your organization?
- How is an employee evaluated and promoted? Is it organization policy to promote from within?
- How does my position fit with the mission and goals of this organization?
- Describe typical first year assignments.
- What are the greatest challenges this organization/person in this position faces today?
- What support does the organization provide to your new hires?
- What are the organization's/departments plans for future growth or change?
- What do you like best/least about working here?
- What makes your organization different from others in your field?
- What are the next steps in your hiring process and when might I expect to hear from you again?
- What are the organization's strengths and weaknesses?
- How would you describe the organizationís culture?
- What are your expectations for new hires?
- To whom would you report?
- How would you describe the ideal candidate for this position?
- Ask for clarification duties and responsibilities of the position that are unclear.
- Do you have any questions about my qualifications that I can address for you?