Choosing a Career/Major
Place Holder
Volunteer/Service Learning
Place gif alt=
Internship Center
Place Holder
Resumes/Cover Letters
Place Holder
Place Holder
Conducting a Job Search
Place Holder
Small Arrow Job Search Checklist
Small Arrow Networking
Small Arrow Resumes and Cover Letters
Small Arrow The Electronic Application
Small Arrow Part-Time & Summer Jobs
Small Arrow Relocation Information
Small Arrow Employer Information/Job Search Directories
Small Arrow Making the Most of a Job Fair
Small Arrow Salary Information
Small Arrow Salary Negotiation
Small Arrow Reference Files
Place Holder bullet Contents of a File
Place Holder bullet The Buckley Ammendment
Place Holder bullet Obtaining References
Place Holder bullet Starting a Reference File/Checking Contents
Place Holder bullet Adding or Removing References
Place Holder bullet Sending your File to Employers/Graduate School
Place Holder bullet Employers Requesting References (Emergency Authorization)
Place Holder bullet File Retention
Place Holder bullet Policies and Procedures
Place Holder bullet Check References Using ORCA
Place Holder bullet Scanning Your References
Job Listings
Place Holder
Special Populations
Place Holder
Graduate School Resources
Place Holder
For Employers
Place Holder
For Faculty and Staff
Place Holder
CDC Logo
CDC Services

The Career Development Center is dedicated to helping students fulfill the lifelong pursuit of purpose by providing services, access to information, resources, and experiences that address individual career needs.

The Buckley Amendment

* The Center's policy with regard to references complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. This law accords candidates the right of "access" (to view or have copies) to any references filed for them after January 1, 1975. It also provides for waiver of this right in order to have confidential references, if you so wish. (By law, all references written prior to January 1, 1975 are considered confidential.)

* Users of the CDC Reference File Service have the right to file official complaints of noncompliance to the Buckley Amendment with the Family Policy and Regulations Office, U.S. Department of Education.

Updated: 09/2012