Specific Questions for Education Majors
- What is your philosophy of education?
- Describe your style of teaching.
- Why do you want to work in our district?
- Define the role of the principal.
- How do you handle discipline in your classroom?
- Describe in detail a lesson that you taught.
- How would you incorporate the Common Core State Standards into your lessons?
- Why did you enter the field of teaching?
- What qualities do you have that make you an effective teacher?
- Tell me about your experience with special needs students.
- What has been your experience teaching diverse populations?
- How do you plan to successfully include parents in the classroom?
- How do you meet the range of needs commonly present in a classroom?
- When do you use an individual, group and/or whole class teaching approach? Why?
- If I walked into your classroom, what would I see/hear?
- Describe the ideal classroom environment.
- What are some characteristics of a well-managed classroom?
- What are some examples of rules you would have in your classroom? How are they established?
- Describe your most difficult student discipline situation and how you handled it.
- What professional development topics most interest you?
- What extracurricular activities can you supervise?
- What is your experience using technology in the classroom?
- If students are having difficulty learning a skill or concept, what do you do?
- What do you plan to be doing in five years?
- What are your career goals?
- What was your biggest problem in student teaching? How did you resolve it?
- How do you get students to come to school motivated to learn?
- What qualities do you have that would enhance our teaching staff?
- What do you believe is the greatest challenge facing education today?
- Why should our school district hire you?