Choosing a Career/Major
Place Holder
Volunteer/Service Learning
Place gif alt=
Internship Center
Place Holder
Resumes/Cover Letters
Place Holder
Place Holder
Conducting a Job Search
Place Holder
Small Arrow Job Search Checklist
Small Arrow Networking
Small Arrow Resumes and Cover Letters
Small Arrow The Electronic Application
Small Arrow Part-Time & Summer Jobs
Small Arrow Relocation Information
Small Arrow Employer Information/Job Search Directories
Small Arrow Making the Most of a Job Fair
Small Arrow Salary Information
Small Arrow Salary Negotiation
Small Arrow Reference Files
Place Holder bullet Contents of a File
Place Holder bullet The Buckley Ammendment
Place Holder bullet Obtaining References
Place Holder bullet Starting a Reference File/Checking Contents
Place Holder bullet Adding or Removing References
Place Holder bullet Sending your File to Employers/Graduate School
Place Holder bullet Employers Requesting References (Emergency Authorization)
Place Holder bullet File Retention
Place Holder bullet Policies and Procedures
Place Holder bullet Check References Using ORCA
Place Holder bullet Scanning Your References
Job Listings
Place Holder
Special Populations
Place Holder
Graduate School Resources
Place Holder
For Employers
Place Holder
For Faculty and Staff
Place Holder
CDC Logo
CDC Services

The Career Development Center is dedicated to helping students fulfill the lifelong pursuit of purpose by providing services, access to information, resources, and experiences that address individual career needs.

Employers Requesting References
(Emergency Authorization)

* When references are needed immediately for an employment decision, an employer (not you) may request your file by contacting the CDC by phone or in writing. A signed Emergency Authorization for Employers' Reference Requests form must be in your file in order for the CDC to release your references at an employer's request. You would receive a bill for the $3 fee.

* A signed Emergency Authorization for Employers' Reference Requests form also allows a CDC staff member to fax your references to an employer at his or her request. Should this occur, you will be billed $5 ($3 reference fee, $2 faxing fee). You cannot request references to be faxed to an employer.

* If an employer requests your references and there is no Emergency Authorization for Employers' Reference Requests form in your file, we will attempt to contact you. You may then choose to submit written permission (the Emergency Authorization form) or a signed letter to release your file. Permission will not be accepted over the phone.

* If you have an outstanding bill with the CDC, no reference requests, including emergency requests, will be honored until that fee is paid.

* Telephone requests from employers are verified before being filled to insure your file is being requested by a bona fide employer or graduate school.

Updated: 09/2012