Employers Requesting References
* When references are needed immediately for an employment decision, an employer (not you) may request your file by contacting the CDC by phone or
in writing. A signed Emergency Authorization for Employers' Reference Requests form
must be in your file in order for the CDC to release your references at an
employer's request. You would receive a bill for the $3 fee.
* A signed Emergency Authorization for Employers' Reference Requests form also allows a CDC staff member to fax your references to an employer at his or
her request. Should this occur, you will be billed $5 ($3 reference fee, $2 faxing fee). You cannot request references to be faxed to an employer.
* If an employer requests your references and there is no Emergency Authorization for Employers' Reference Requests form in your file, we will attempt
to contact you. You may then choose to submit written permission (the Emergency Authorization form) or a signed letter to release your file. Permission will
not be accepted over the phone.
* If you have an outstanding bill with the CDC, no reference requests, including emergency requests, will be honored until that fee is paid.
* Telephone requests from employers are verified before being filled to insure your file is being requested by a bona fide employer or graduate school.