Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about our organization?
- What are your long-range career goals, when and why did you establish these goals, and how are you preparing yourself to achieve them?
- What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- How has your college experience prepared you for a career?
- We have a number of applicants interviewing for this position, why should I hire you?
- What qualifications do you have that will make you successful in this career field?
- In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our organization?
- Describe the relationship that should exist between a supervisor and subordinates.
- What two or three accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction and why?
- What led you to choose your major field of study/your college?
- What have you learned from participation in extracurricular activities, or part-time/summer work?
- In what kind of a work environment are you most comfortable?
- What do you expect from your supervisor?
- What two or three things are most important to you in your job?
- Do you have a geographical preference? Why? Will you relocate?
- How do you think a friend or professor who knows you well would describe you?
- Describe your most rewarding college experience.
- How have you handled pressure in past work or school situations?
- Why did you decide to seek a position with this organization?
- What specific skills do you have that relate to the job?
- Why are you interested in this position?
- How do you give back to the community?
- Why do you want to work with a specific population (elderly, children) or products (computers, illustration)?
- How have you managed conflict with co-workers?
- Tell me about your experience with technology?
- How would you describe the ideal job for you following graduation?
- What type of people do you work with most effectively?