Dressing for the Interview
Women should wear:
Men should wear:
- Navy, charcoal gray, black or pin-stripe skirted suit (no extreme slits) or pantsuit. The blazer and skirt or pants should be matching.
- Unpatterned blouse with conservative neckline. Avoid lace or prints.
- Polished and closed toe shoes, basic dark pumps with medium or low heels (no higher than 2"), no high heels or platform shoes.
- Choose between a brief case or small shoulder bag, (not both).
- Nails subtle if polished, clean and not chipped.
- Neutral color sheer hosiery.
- A minimal amount of make-up.
- Simple and basic jewelry; one earring in each ear, necklace or pin (not both) and watch (avoid bracelets).
- Light perfume, if any.
- Navy, charcoal gray, black or pin-stripe suit.
- Solid white or blue shirt.
- Conservative tie, simple and neat.
- No earrings, flashy cuff links, rings or neck chains.
- Over the calf dark socks.
- Shined dress shoes. Wing tip, lace shoes, or tassel loafers preferred.
- Clean nails.
- No strong, fragrant cologne.
- Bring a quality pen.
- No smoking prior to the interview.
- No chewing gum.
- Wear no more than one ring on each hand with exception of wedding set.
- Remember to TURN OFF cell phones and pagers before going in to an interview.
- Bring a pad holder that contains extra copies of your resume and reference list.