Creating a Search Agent
to Have Up-to-date Job Postings E-mailed
You can modify your Search Agent criteria anytime by returning to the Search Agents tab.
- Login to ORCA.
- From your homepage, click the Search Jobs button on the top task bar, and click "ORCA’s Job Postings."
- Under job postings, click the tab that reads Advanced Search.
- Under Advanced Search Options check the box next to Save as and name the search (e.g. Marketing Jobs).
- Select your search criteria. Based on how jobs are categorized in ORCA, we recommend using only the following criteria in your search:
NOTE: Create separate search agents for different positions, job/internship targets and locations.
- Select one Position Type (e.g. Full-time Jobs)
- Select one Job/Internship Target (e.g. Business - Marketing)
- Jobs located within - Few job postings are categorized by city and state, therefore, for specific geographic location searches we recommend using the Jobs located within criteria (e.g. Jobs located within 30 miles of zip code 14222 for jobs in the Buffalo area).
- Click the Submit button.
- You are now at the search results page where you can review the postings.
- To receive email notification of new jobs, click the Search Agents tab.
- Click the Schedule button located under "Options."
- Select the Yes button next to "Enabled" to determine when you will receive email notification.
- Under "Period" select the frequency for the agent to run, e.g. Day, Week, Month.
- Under "Multiple" select how many times you would like to run the agent during the period chosen.
- By selecting Yes in the "Include only new results" only new jobs posted since the last run date will be emailed.
- Click Submit.