On July 1, 2008,
Buffalo State implemented a web-based applicant tracking system
to enable online management of the recruitment process for faculty,
professional, and graduate assistant vacancies that require a search. Many processes
once done on paper are now managed online including the Recruitment Plan,
Pre-Interview Search Procedure Report, Interview and Recommendation Process
Report, Faculty and Professional Appointment Form, and the intake of faculty and
staff employment applications (including resumes, cover letters, etc). Targeted training
is provided to
individuals involved in the search process.
Although the method of processing the information has moved to an electronic
process, the Equity and Diversity recruitment process has not changed.
Please continue to address your recruitment process questions to Equity and
Diversity. Human Resource Management provides technical support for the
system and you may contact
Lydia Kawaler or
Why use an online applicant tracking (recruitment) system?
Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the recruitment process:
- Online preparation of the Recruitment Plan, Pre-Interview Search Procedure
Report, Interview and Recommendation Process Report, and the Faculty and
Professional Appointment Form with electronic routing for approvals.
- Check online at any time where the recruitment forms are in the approval
- 24/7 access to an applicant pool from any computer with Internet access.
Application documents are available for review immediately by the hiring manager and
- Screen applications electronically for minimum qualifications using job
specific questions (eliminates need to review every application for minimum
- Update status of candidates online and send e-mail notifications to
applicants at various points in the search process.
- Electronic compilation of affirmative action data and numerous reporting
- Eliminate the use of shared drives, scanning, PDF conversations, and
placement of applications from department or individual email accounts to a
- Shorten time frame for filling positions.
Improve service to job applicants.
- View and apply for job postings online (no longer a need to submit
paper applications or resumes).
- Complete and save an application online (which is protected by their
own logon and password) and apply it to multiple postings at one time and to future
- Update the application online with specific skills and experience related
to a posting.
- Access and review the job requirements while completing the
- Submit an application immediately and directly to the hiring manager
and search committee, minimizing the risk of missing a deadline or loss of the
- Track the status of the application and the recruitment process at
- Learn about job openings and apply for positions at any time and from
any computer with access to the Internet.
- Receive immediate acknowledgement that their application has been received
along with a unique confirmation number.
- Receive automated updates via e-mail as status in the job search process
changes, eliminating the need to contact the search chair to check on
PeopleAdmin is a leading provider of online human resource modules for higher
education. PeopleAdmin credits its success to understanding the unique practices
and processes found in human resource offices of leading colleges and
universities and positive word of mouth among their existing clients. Clients
include Princeton, Dartmouth, Syracuse University, Kent State, UCLA as well as
several SUNY institutions.
To learn more about PeopleAdmin, visit