The current agreement between the State of New York and United
University Professionals, Inc. agree to continue the existing
tuition assistance program to allow employees in the
Professional Services Negotiating Unit to enroll in courses on a
space-available basis without payment of tuition. The program is
described below and subject to the following requirements:
- Available to employees in the State University Professional Services
Negotiation Unit only.
- Enrollment is space-available. The University determines when space is
available. Employees may enroll in credit bearing courses offered at State
operated units of State University. Credit free courses offered through the
Office of Lifelong Learning are not applicable. Tuition paying students will
The following courses do not qualify for space available designation and
cannot be exempted at 100% waiver:
Independent Study, Course by Contract, Special Project, Student Teaching,
courses where all slots are reserved by instructor permission, thesis.
- Employees may enroll in a maximum of one course per
semester or summer.
- All fees, other than tuition, shall be paid by the employee. Prior
outstanding balances must be cleared before the tuition free application can
- Employees must meet course prerequisites and academic regulations.
- Minimum enrollment requirements established by the University as a
condition for offering a course shall not be affected by students interested
in enrolling in a course on a space available basis.
- The course registration program described herein is distinct from and
does not in any way diminish or limit access by employees to programs of
waiver presently in place.
- EMPLOYEES MUST MEET ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS. Those who are
not continuing students (registered in consecutive semesters) or already
accepted by the Admissions Office must file appropriate application forms
(undergraduate) or the
Graduate School (graduate) in accordance with admission deadlines in order
to be admitted prior to registration.
- Changing from one option to another is not permitted. Once a student has
registered through the regular 50% waiver program, he/she cannot request
change to the 100% waiver.
- Buffalo State employees registering at schools other than BSC should
contact the appropriate College/University for registration dates and
procedure. The contact person for the program on the Buffalo State College
campus is Cynthia Fasla, Moot Hall, Room 210 (878-4907).
Buffalo State Registration Procedure:
- Student completes UUP
Tuition Waiver Form and obtains appropriate signatures.
- You must be accepted to Buffalo State
as an undergraduate (contact the
Admissions Office) or
graduate (contact the
Graduate School) matriculated or non-matriculated student prior to
obtaining access to BANNER to register.
Registration in BANNER is not accepted earlier than the date
and time shown below and may be processed through the close of drop/add
period designated for the semester. If you register
prior to this date, your UUP waiver will be void.
You will be billed for tuition and fees after you register.
When you receive your bill, return two copies of the tuition waiver form, along
with your check for fees, to the
Student Accounts Office. Remember, you are
required to pay all fees. You should also retain a photocopy of your
signed tuition waiver form.
- January Term 2013: January 4, 2013
- Spring 2013: January 25, 2013
- Summer 2013: May 24, 2013
- Fall 2013: August 23, 2013