Smart Classrooms (printable version)
Below is a list of Buffalo State 's general purpose Smart classrooms. General purpose means any faculty member from any academic department may be scheduled to teach in one. Smart means the room contains the equipment listed below.
To see pictures of the Smart classrooms, click on the classroom numbers below:
- Bacon – 115, 117, 202, 204, 205, 207, 209, 211, 214A, 215, 217, 220, 225
- Bulger Communications Center – E (east), W (west), S (south), N (north),
(east 2), W2
(west 2), S2
(south 2), N2A**, N2B,
- Campus West – A200, A202, A214
- Caudell – 212, 214, 215, 216, 219, 315
- Chase – 341
- Classroom Building – A108, A209, A212, A303, A307, B106, B108, B118, B119, B209, B220,
B309, B319, B320, B321, B332, C116, C122, C202, C302, C313
- Ketchum Hall – 100, 106, 109, 111, 113, 118, 200, 207, 218, 219, 300, 313, 315, 320, 328
- Rockwell Hall – 201, 202, 204, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308
- Science Building – 220, 272
- Upton – 230
Smart classrooms that do not appear on this list may be department-specific instructional spaces. Please contact your academic department for more information
The following equipment is available in each of the Smart classrooms:
- Document camera
- Video projector
- Audio amplifier
- Computer and network access
- Laptop connection with network access
- Overhead projector
Here is what is on each Windows 7 machine:
- Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (32-bit when requested)
- Microsoft Office 2010 - Access, Excel, Groove, InfoPath, OneNote, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 11
- Microsoft Forefront anti-virus
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 11
- Adobe Flash 11
- Microsoft .NET framework (versions 2.0 through 4)
- Google Chrome browser
- Formatta Filler
- SCCM 2007 Agent
Here are the additional applications that are loaded on all of the smart classroom computers:
- Bloodshed C++ compiler
- Mathematica 8
- Minitab 16
- TurningPoint 2008
- SPSS 19
- Visual Studio 2010
If any additional software is required for your classes, please contact the Computer Support Desk (878-4357) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for the Smart Classrooms
Instructions for all of the rooms (except the 2 noted below) are contained in the pdf files below:
Instructions for SC220 are contained in the pdf files below:
Instructions for SC272 are contained in the pdf files below:
**Have any additional questions about the equipment?
Please check out the Classroom
Technology Equipment FAQs page
The following rooms contain the equipment listed above as well as additional equipment:
Bulger Communication Center - North , South , South 2 , West , West 2 , East , East 2 , N2B, and N2C are also equipped with 35mm slide projectors. For additional classroom equipment for these or any other classroom on campus, please see Classroom Technology Equipment.
Bulger Communication Center N2D
Bulger N2D contains all of the traditional equipment found in a smart classroom as well as wireless, access to 27 laptops, and printing. This space seats 27 students and is scheduled through the Mathematics Department at 878-5621.
Distance Learning (Videoconferencing):
Bulger Communication Center N2A
- Tandberg IP based videoconferencing unit
- Polycom tracking camera
- Ability to record class session to VHS or DVD
- Seats 31 with access to power and wireless
N2A is the college's new videoconferencing learning space which can be used for meetings, academic classes, or “one-time” events to connect with other colleges, K-12 schools, museums or companies worldwide. This room is scheduled through the Instructional Resources Office 878-4538.
How do I schedule my class to be in a Smart classroom?
Faculty interested in teaching in a general purpose Smart classroom should contact their department chair.
How do I reserve a Smart classroom to use for an activity outside an academic class, such as meetings, guest speaker, or workshop?
Events Management schedules Smart classrooms for events other than regularly scheduled academic classes. For departmental, college and community events call 878-6114. For student events call 878-3840
How do I reserve any other campus classroom or meeting space?
Contact Events Management . For departmental, college and community events call 878-6114. For student events call 878-3840.
How can I learn how to use a Smart classroom?
For training in one of the college's general purpose Smart classrooms, contact Todd Benzin or Tim Sager in Classroom Technology Support at 878-6670.
Individual training sessions typically last ten minutes, and are available Monday – Thursday between 7:00 am – 9:00 pm, Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Saturday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Attending a training session will provide you with an overview on how to unlock and properly use the technology in the classroom. The trainer can also provide you with your Smart Classroom console key.