For a compatibility check of your computer settings, review the "SLN Test Your System" area located on the ANGEL Logon Page. All three items must pass the system test as reflected by green check marks. If you see a red "X", you will need to adjust your computer settings to ensure full compatibility with ANGEL. For assistance, please contact the SLN Help Desk at http://sln.suny.edu/sln_helpdesk.htm.
Windows PC Users:
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, VISTA or Windows 7
- Browsers: Firefox 3.0 or higher, Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher ( NOTE: Firefox 4 and IE 9 are NOT supported at this time)
- Pop-up Blockers are either off, or set to off for the ANGEL Web site.
- To check Internet Explorer 7
- Click Tools
- Arrrow over Pop-up Blockers
- Click Turn Off Pop-up Blockers
- Make sure Java is enabled.
- To check in Internet Explorer, from the main menu:
1. Select Tools > Internet Options
2. Select the Advanced Tab
3. Scroll Down to Java and make sure the box is checked.
4. Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies.
By default Internet Explorer accepts cookies so unless you have modified your privacy settings, this should already be set properly.
- Operating System: OS/X (10.3 or higher aka Jaguar, Panther or Tiger)
- Browsers: Firefox 3.0 or higher. Safari and Firefox 4 is not a supported browser and while you can log in using these, most of the features like discussion forums and course e-mail will not work.
- Make sure pop-up blockers are either off, or set to off for the ANGEL Web site.
- To check Firefox
From the main menu Select Firefox > Preferences > Web Features
2. Make sure Java is checked.
- Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies
- To check this setting in Firefox:
1. Select Firefox > Preferences > Privacy> Cookies
2. Make sure the checkbox to accept cookies is accepted.
Other Troubleshooting Tips:
- If you are experiencing issues with ANGEL such as seeing incorrect course content, system time outs, or if you’re being asked to reauthenticate after you click a link or tab, do one of the following to clear your web browser’s cache/temporary internet files:
- For Firefox 3 or higher click tools and select options. Then, click the privacy icon and click clear now in the private data area. Then, click OK, exit, and relaunch the web browser. For Firefox, you can also select Clear Private Data from the Tools menu. You then have to click the Clear Private Data Now button.
- For Internet Explorer 7, go to Tools, Internet Options, click Delete, and then Delete Files. Then, click the Settings button under Browser history, and make sure Every time I visit the webpage is selected.
- Safari and Chrome are not recommended browser to use with ANGEL.
- ANGEL does not support tab browsing which means you cannot log into two tabs and work in ANGEL. While it may appear to work, several issues have been reported.
- Instead of using the back button in ANGEL to go back a screen, use the breadcrumb trail. While using the back button on a web browser will work most of the time, if you have been timed out or if you are using the back button's drop down menu to return to earlier viewed pages, you may experience issues.
- ANGEL will automatically time out a user after 90 minutes. You will be notified by a pop-up screen and can click to stay in the system. If you are not at your computer when this happens, you will be timed out