There are two ways to access the link for an Elluminate Live! session:
1) The first way to access a link for an Elluminate Live! session is through the ‘Communicate’ tab. After clicking on ‘Communicate,’ navigate to the Elluminate Live! nugget and click on the appropriate session link. Note that a search option is provided if there are multiple sessions listed within the nugget. Archived sessions can be accessed in the same manner by clicking on the ‘Recordings’ link.
2) The second way to access a link for an Elluminate Live! session is through the course ‘Calendar’. Note that this option will only be available if the moderator utilizes the course ‘Calendar,’ and if the moderator elects to have the session populate the ‘Calendar’ when creating the session. After navigating to the 'Calendar' tab, click on the appropriate session link listed within the calendar.
3) Once you have selected the session access link, you will automatically be directed to the Elluminate Live! manager. The session download will begin automatically. Note that Elluminate Live! utilizes Java. If you do not have Java installed or are missing a plug-in or applet, the download will stop automatically and the computer will prompt you to upgrade.
4) Once the download has completed, the computer will display a message prompting the user to open the session file. Click on the ‘Open’ button.
5) As the session opens, you may receive a message like the one pictured below. Select the 'Run' option to continue loading the Elluminate Live! session.
6) Note that you may also receive a security alert like the one pictured below. You can check ‘For this program, don’t show this message again,’ to avoid receiving it in the future.
7) After the file opens, you will be asked to read and agree to the 'Session Participant Agreement.' After reviewing it, click on 'I Agree' to accept and continue.
8) Finally, when prompted to choose a connection speed, select the 'Cable/DSL' speed for the best performance on a campus computer. If you are accessing the session from home or via a wireless connection, choose the appropriate speed for your connection type.